Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The end of a busy week, and the start of a new one.

This weekend saw the 2nd birthday celebration of our wonderful little monster, Richard. Although his actual birthday is the 22nd, we celebrated on Saturday so that our friends would be able to celebrate with us.

We decided two 'parties' would be appropriate (last year he had 3 official parties plus extra!) so that we could have a party for kids at Gymboree, then one for the adults that wouldn't really be comfortable running around at crazy-kid central. We had the lunch first, very generously catered by Matt's dad, even though we got all our wires crossed about a cake and I saved the day by reserving the cupcakes i had in the car and making a cake out of those instead.

Richard got some amazing gifts that I HAVE to mention, and will take pictures of later. I remember in school having this toy (similar idea to legos, but it looked like the pieces had lots of 'villi' on them, and that's what they connected with). I'll try to find the name of it later, I can't find it via Google. I almost cried at this toy, I loved playing with these when I was little and I know Richard will love them too.
He also got his very own, working, toddler shaped digital camera. It holds 1000 pictures (I think they are 0.3megapixels) and connects via USB for uploading to the computer.
Richard has taken some amazing pictures with it (which I will also upload later) and I'm so pleased. The giver also thought ahead and purchased us some rechargeable AAA batteries and a charger, which we have already had to use twice.


More to come later. Right now, I have some groceries to go collect in the car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your little guy!

SP11