Monday, October 8, 2007

I've been procrastinating...

I have been severely procrastinating on my chores lately. Even knitting has become a chore, since I tired my brain out by knitting for two full, 8am-5am the next day, days. I was knitting a small, scarf width clapotis. It was a gift for my husband's great-aunt, who was turning 90 years old. I had been knitting 'swatches' - getting about 4 inches into a scarf then stopping - for a couple of months, trying to find the right yarn for the right pattern, until I had a week left. I started knitting Clapotis on the Sunday evening, and by the time Wednesday evening had come around, I had only just gotten to about 85 stitches on the increase rows. I decided that would have to do and started on the straight rows. That night I stayed up until around 3am, although I did fall asleep for half an hour. In the morning I woke up at 8am and started all over again, literally knitting for 21 hours before going to bed. And Friday was the same, except I spent 9 hours of that day on the bus to Montreal. I got in at 11pm and was STILL knitting until just after 1am, when i finished that darned scarf!

Downside is, I was hoping to have made a matching hat too...

I'm also just super mentally tired a lot these days. I seem to have days where I have something on constantly (Gymboree to working at my aunt's, then over to a weekly appointment). The annoying part is that I only have about 15 minutes spare in between whatever i'm doing that day, because with travelling, I really have no time at all.

And monkey-boy is shouting for attention again. Gotta go.

No comments: