Thursday, July 26, 2007

Screwed up projects...

Last night I somehow completely screwed up my clapotis. I was exactly half way through (I was about 2 rows before dropping stitch #7) and I forgot to do the end of the row properly. I thought I'd fixed it, it took me a while to unknit and re-knit, but when I got to row 8 (drop stitch row) I realised i didn't have enough stitches. No biggie, it happened before. So I added a stitch. Then, two rows later, I had THREE extra stitches. I had remembered to p2tog the row before, so I have no idea how I messed it up. And it's too hard to unravel and pick up because of the kfb's and the twisted stitches, so I think this clapotis is going bye-bye. Which is sad, and I'm quite disappointed about it, but there we go.

I have started swatching for MS3 and I'm looking forward to trying my first real lace project. I did get my laceweight yarn, but really - it's like thread. Honest to goodness sewing thread. i tried to knot with it but I can't tell where one stitch ends and the next begins, so I think I'm going to go up a weight or two. I tried some Patons Kroy Socks today and it's a good weight for me, but I think too thick for the stole (unless it's going to be a heavy winter stole). It seems more of a DK weight than a fingering or sock weight. I'm doing the gauge swatch from the chart, and I'm quite surprised at how well it's going. I know the actual pattern is more complicated, but I got through a whole repeat of the swatch pattern with no mistakes (we all know I'm going to post this and go to knit on it some more, only to make half a dozen mistakes).

It's kind of ridick that after frogging half a dozen UFOs so I could concentrate, to have screwed up everything i was working on is quite the downfall. I don't even have some plain stockinette to commiserate over. Maybe I need to go make more stitch markers (I had a little beading spree yesterday).

Next project: MS3, new clapotis, xmas gift scarf, Richard's sweater, new something for me? Ack, decisions...

No comments: