Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Addis

I just received 2 pairs of Addi Turbos in the mail. I wasn't expecting to get them for a few days yet, so I'm really pleased. I ordered from Headwater Wool, based in Orangeville, Ontario. The needles were $12/pair which is $10 cheaper than pretty much anywhere else in Toronto. I only placed the order on Tuesday, late morning and they arrived in the post today, regular mail. I think Larisa has a customer for life! I was super-impressed with the cheap and fast shipping.

In other news, I just bought me (from eBay) a drop spindle set with some nice brightly coloured roving. I hope it gets here soon, I'm so looking forward to trying drop spindling for the first time.

Here's a pic:




I did buy two of the sets, one for me and one for a friend, who already drop-spindles, so I have someone to help me out when I make a mess of it.

Mystery Stole 3
I'm re-contemplating doing this knitalong. I really don't need another project and I just found out last night that the needles I ordered aaren't going to be suitable. I'm considering buying another couple of sizes, just in case, but I'm in a bit of a flux. A couple other people from my knitting groups are doing it too, so I'd have people on hand if I have a problem, but - I don't do lace. I've never really done any lace, and the small bits I have are not real lace, more like... stockinette with holes in.

There is the opportunity to learn how to read charts, which would be great, but argh! Stupid thoughtless joining. We'll see how it turns out, if it turns out. For now, I'll leave you with a picture of how it's supposed to look so far, even though I haven't cast on yet.



(photo courtesy of Yahoo MS3 group)

No comments: