Friday, August 17, 2007

Take me out to the ball game...



Wednesday night was the Stitch N Pitch event at the SkyDome (Rogers Centre) in Toronto. A fun time was had by all, and I now almost kind of 'get' baseball. Kind of.

The free yarn was nice, too. My stash addition included a ball of Moda Dea 'Tweedle Dee', and Moda Dea 'Fashionista'. That came from Matt's bag. There was a ball of Bernat 'Disco', but I have issues with eyelash yarn and there was a lady in front of me using blue eyelash, so I passed it over. She got a couple more balls before the game was over.

My bag had a skein of Diamond Yarns 'Luxor', 100% egyptian cotton. There was also a ball of Naturally 'Colorworks', a thick-and-thin yarn in blue, purple and pink. I'll probably buy more of the Colorworks and make a scarf or hat for winter.

And my little guy got to cuddle the Yarn Harlot herself. It's not the most flattering picture of him

but I was pleased :)

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ha ha, the look on his face is priceless! Such a sweetie!
I don't know how anyone can knit at major sporting events...too much excitement going on!!! Maybe it works best with baseball????

Dorothy said...

Looks like a great time and those are some pretty good yarn scores although I would have passed on the eyelash too. Well, only if Girly didn't see it first.

Your little guy is a cutie even with an in between words moment.